Thursday, December 29, 2011

You Need Resale Therapy

Today started my adventure in only shopping resale for one year. 
My first stop was to a resale shop in Lake Barrington, IL called You Need Resale Therapy.
I was accompanied by my Mom and my cousin Lindsie!

Shop Review: 
The location is a bit difficult to find as it is located in an industrial park, however it is definitely worth hunting around for! The visual merchandising in the shop is to die for and really makes you feel like you are shopping in a boutique not a resale shop. The staff was extremely friendly and had exceptional knowledge of their merchandise. They update their merchandise on a weekly basis and offer both consignment items and some new items as well. If you are looking for evening wear, vintage hats, or Vera Bradley you will find something here! You Need Resale Therapy Boutique also offers a small selection of couture designer pieces - on display while I was visiting was a Versace dress. Dressing rooms are available and credit cards are accepted. 

You Need Resale Therapy 
Lake Barrington, IL 60010
847. 809. 6255


My Finds: 

Mustard Green 'Maria Rodriquez Chicago' Skirt Suit
Priced at: $35
Purchased at: $25



Front
Back
I absolutely fell in love with the jacket of the Skirt Suit set by Maria Rodriquez who was a popular Chicago design in the 80's. I loved the double button closure at the waist and the placement of the dart along the waist on the back. When I went to try the set on, I realized that the skirt was not flattering on me and that i would have to alter it to make it fit my body. I turned my focus to the jacket which I loved and fit well. I debated about buying the set since I would not be able to wear the skirt without altering. After bringing this to the attention of the sales women, I asked if she would discount the set since alternations would need to be done. I ended up receiving a $10 discount on the set and with that decided to make my first purchase! 

Tip:
If you really love one piece in a suit set, but cannot wear the other piece as is - ask for a discount. It never hurts to ask if pricing is negotiable especially if you have to alter the garment in order to be able to wear it.


White Fox Fur 'Evans Fur at Lazarus' Coat 
Priced at: $65
Purchased at: $65

As I was checking out, I was tempted to try on a white fur coat that had caught my eye as I walked in the door. I figured that it would be out of my budget, but was pleasantly surprised that the price tag read $65. This is what we call a diamond! I have always had a love for fur, even though I am a vegetarian, it's just so luxurious! As I tried on the coat the sales women informed me that it was white fox and was real fur! When I checked the tag and saw that it was an Evans Fur from Lazarus, I knew it was meant to be! My Dad is from Ohio and worked at Lazarus for a short period of time back in the day. We always enjoyed shopping there on our trips to Columbus, OH to visit our family. This sealed the deal for me and before I knew it I was walking out the door with a new fur coat! My philosophy with this one is for $65 I'm going to wear it everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment