Friday, January 27, 2012

Absolute Vintage Columbia, MO

Today I went with my friend Allie to Absolute Vintage in downtown Columbia, MO. It is a great little vintage shop located on East Broadway. They have a great selection of vintage hats and have a ton of vintage jewelry. The shop is setup like you would picture any vintage store with round racks in the center of the store and other apparel lining the walls. In the back near the dressing rooms they have some evening wear and a decent selection of shoes. The staff here is friendly, but their prices are non-negotiable. I did however receive a coupon while checking out for $5 off my next purchase of $20 or more. They have an awesome Facebook page which they update frequently with new merchandise! Plus they have the cutest leopard print bags to put your purchases in!

Absolute Vintage
923 East Broadway
Columbia, MO 65201-4857
573. 875. 8440

My Finds

Turquoise Blue Silk ' Liz Claiborne' Blouse
Priced at: $8.00
Purchased at: $8.00
           
Front
Back


















This is a classic 1980's style blouse which includes huge shoulder pads and pearl buttons! It's 100% silk, has a subtle small check print, and has three pleats across each shoulder with a three button closure at the waist. This blouse is extremely flattering as its wide shoulders make ones waist look extremely narrow. The color is amazing and the pearl buttons give it a dressy feel! 

 
 
Purple, Red, and Green Silk Printed 'Haberdasher' Blouse
Priced at: $8.00
Purchased at: $8.00

This is blouse was way too fun to pass up. I died for the ascot necktie that this blouse has and the print is a wavy stripe that just screams 1980's! It appears to be silk and has awesome shoulder pads, but is too big for my so I will have to do some alteration. I did try to get a discount since I need to alter it, but did not receive any since the garment was not damaged. I am planning to take it in a bit at the side seams which will help with the fit. It does however have great darts at the waist which once fit properly will give this blouse a great shape!






Tip:
Never be afraid to buy something that needs to be altered! Since the item was a low price to begin with even if you take it to a professional to have it altered you will still probably save money in the end!

 

1 comment:

  1. I want to see you wearing this stuff! So cute! And I love this project idea!

    ReplyDelete