Friday, January 13, 2012

Goodwill Lake Zurich, IL

I needed to find something to wear to my sisters bachelorette party so my Mom and I headed out to our local Goodwill store in Lake Zurich, IL. After combing the racks very carefully, I selected several tops to try on. I have been making a conscience effort to not purchase items that are black because I find myself always picking garments that are plain neutral colors, especially black since it can be very flattering. I have a dear friend, who I did my MS degree with at the University of Missouri, who always looked fabulous. Whitney always wears bright colors, lots of prints, and loves a silky blouse. I have been trying to emulate her fantastic style by purchasing more prints and silky blouses.
On this trip to Goodwill, I found myself pulling items off the rack which looked a bit silly. I firmly believe that you have to try everything on and I constantly try things on that most shoppers won't even pick up. You just never know how it will look until you try it on!

This Goodwill is huge and has a really good selection of shirts and sweaters. The staff is very friendly and willing to help you out with finding merchandise. Dressing rooms are available. 

Goodwill
746 S. Rand Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
847. 550. 0769


My Finds

Black Silky 'Laura & Jayne Collection' Vintage Blouse
Priced at: $3.99
Purchased at: $2.99 (discount for being damaged)



This great black blouse (oops, I know I said I was trying to avoid buying black!) had amazing seaming that fit my body really well. The blouse is unique as it buttons up the back! It had a small hole along the button placket in the back, it could easily be repaired but I did ask for a discount since it was "damaged". This garment is from the Laura & Jayne Collection which made it debut in the late 1980's. This is a classic piece that I am sure will be one of my most worn items and is a diamond in my mind!

Tip: Ask for a discount on the garment if it appears to be damaged and don't be afraid to buy things with holes in them if they appear to be a quick fix!

Pink and Black Houndstooth 'Custom Shirt Shop' Blouse
Priced at: $4.99
Purchased at: $4.99

Front Option 2
Back Option 1
Back Option 2
Front Option 1




















This awesome 1980's custom blouse is an great addition to my wardrobe. This is a perfect example of a garment that most would not pick up off the rack. Its loud print and interesting neck tie would probably deter most people from trying it on. I have to admit that I was a bit confused about how to wear this shirt, but then I decided that I would just wear it however I felt it looked the best. It has a long neck tie that can be worn in the front or the back and can be left to hang down or can be tied in a bow!

Peasant Printed 'Merona' Blouse
Priced at: $2.99
Purchased at: $2.99


This shirt is originally from Target and is a shirt that I thought would be good for causal outings and to wear to class. It's 100% cotton and has smocking around the waist which I find to be a flattering style for me. I liked the large paisley print and the combination of purples and earth-tones. It's really light weight and will be great for spring and summer!


Gray Beaded Ribbon Necklace
Priced at :$4.99
Purchased at: $4.99


My Mom pointed this necklace out to me, it has a great combination of pearls and beads. It's wide and is a statement on its own so I thought it would be a great addition to my wardrobe as I could see myself pairing it with some of my solid color t-shirts to dress them up a bit!






1 comment:

  1. What happened to the Laura and Jayne Collection? I have a blouse of theirs from a consignment shop. Exceptionally well made, with wonderful jersey fabric, it is a favorite. I would love to find more!! I see that they are associated with a holding company that seems to be in Chapter 8.

    ReplyDelete